Trees are essential to the Orlando landscape, providing numerous environmental, aesthetic, and economic benefits. However, managing and caring for the trees on your property can be complex. The city has implemented a series of ordinances and permit requirements to ensure the health and longevity of Orlando’s trees. In this article, we’ll cover what you need to know about these regulations and how Tree Service Orlando can help you navigate them.
Tree Removal Permits
Before removing a tree in Orlando, it’s crucial to determine whether you need a tree removal permit. Tree removal permits are required for the following:
- Protected trees: Trees with a trunk diameter of 6 inches or more (measured at 4.5 feet above ground level) are considered protected and require a permit for removal. The city may grant a permit if the tree is dead, diseased, poses a safety risk, or interferes with construction.
- Historic or specimen trees: Trees designated as historic or specimen trees due to their age, size, or rarity require a permit for removal. In most cases, the city will only grant a permit if the tree is dead or poses a significant safety risk.
- Trees in development areas: If you are removing trees as part of a development project, you may need a permit even if the trees do not meet the size requirements for protected trees.
To apply for a tree removal permit, you’ll need to submit an application to the City of Orlando’s Urban Forestry Division, along with a site plan and other required documents. If approved, the permit may require replanting new trees to replace those removed. Tree Service Orlando can help guide you through this process and ensure you comply with all city regulations.
Tree Planting Regulations
When planting new trees on your property, following Orlando’s tree planting regulations is essential. These regulations cover factors such as:
- Tree species: The city encourages planting native tree species adapted to the Orlando climate and resistant to pests and diseases. Some invasive species may be prohibited.
- Setback requirements: Trees must be planted far from buildings, property lines, and utilities to prevent future conflicts and damage.
- Replacement trees: If you are required to plant replacement trees as part of a tree removal permit, you must follow the city’s guidelines on tree species, size, and planting location.
Tree Service Orlando can help you select the right tree species and planting locations to comply with city regulations and ensure the long-term health of your new trees.
Working with a Licensed Tree Service Provider
Hiring a licensed tree service provider like Tree Service Orlando can help ensure you comply with all city ordinances and permit requirements. Our team of certified arborists and tree care professionals have extensive knowledge of Orlando’s tree regulations. They can help you navigate the permitting process, select appropriate tree species, and provide expert tree trimming and pruning services to maintain the health and beauty of your trees.
Understanding and complying with Orlando’s tree ordinances and permit requirements is essential for the health and longevity of the trees on your property. By working with a professional tree service provider like Tree Service Orlando, you can ensure you meet all city regulations while receiving expert advice and services to maintain the beauty and health of your landscape. Whether you live in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, Cocoa, Conway, Edgewater, Goldenrod, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Melbourne, Merritt, Oviedo, Palm Bay, Rockledge, Sanford, Titusville, Winter Park, or Winter Springs, Tree Service Orlando is your go-to source for expert tree care and regulatory compliance.
When you choose to work with Tree Service Orlando, you’re investing in the health and appearance of your trees and supporting a local business that understands the unique challenges and requirements of maintaining trees in the Orlando area. Our commitment to providing top-quality service and expertise will help ensure that your trees remain valuable to your property and the community.
So, if you’re considering removing, planting, or maintaining trees on your property, don’t hesitate to contact Tree Service Orlando for a consultation. Our team of professionals will help you navigate Orlando’s tree ordinances and permits, providing the peace of mind that your trees are in good hands.